1. What are the most common fiber optic cable structures?
Answer: There are two types: layer twist type and skeleton type.
22. What is the main composition of the optical cable?
Answer: It is mainly composed of: fiber core, optical fiber ointment, sheath material, PBT (polybutylene terephthalate) and other materials.
3. What is the armor of the optical cable?
A: It refers to the protective element (usually steel wire or steel tape) used in special-purpose optical cables (such as submarine optical cables, etc.). The armor is attached to the inner jacket of the cable.
4. What material is used for the cable sheath?
Answer: The optical cable sheath or sheath is usually composed of polyethylene (PE) and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) materials, and its function is to protect the cable core from external influences.
5. List special optical cables used in power systems.
A: There are mainly three kinds of special optical cables:
Ground wire composite optical cable (OPGW), the optical fiber is placed in the power line of the steel-clad aluminum stranded structure. The application of OPGW optical cable plays the dual function of ground wire and communication, and effectively improves the utilization rate of power towers.
Wrap-around fiber optic cable (GWWOP), which is wrapped or suspended from the ground wire where there is an existing transmission line.
Self-supporting optical cable (ADSS) has strong tensile capacity and can be directly hung between two power poles and towers, and its maximum span can reach 1000m.
6. What are the application structures of OPGW optical cable?
Answer: There are mainly: 1) the structure of plastic pipe layer twist + aluminum pipe; 2) the structure of central plastic pipe + aluminum pipe; 3) aluminum skeleton structure; 4) spiral aluminum pipe structure; 5) single-layer stainless steel pipe structure (center Stainless steel tube structure, stainless steel tube layered structure); 6) Composite stainless steel tube structure (central stainless steel tube structure, stainless steel tube layered structure).
7. What is the main composition of the stranded wire outside the core of the OPGW optical cable?
Answer: It is composed of AA wire (aluminum alloy wire) and AS wire (aluminum clad steel wire).
8. To choose the OPGW optical cable model, what are the technical conditions that should be met?
Answer: 1) Nominal tensile strength (RTS) (kN) of OPGW cable; 2) Fiber core count (SM) of OPGW cable; 3) Short circuit current (kA); 4) Short circuit time (s); 5) Temperature Range (°C).
9. How is the bending degree of the optical cable limited?
Answer: The bending radius of the optical cable should not be less than 20 times the outer diameter of the optical cable, and not less than 30 times the outer diameter of the optical cable during construction (non-static state).
10. What should be paid attention to in ADSS optical cable project?
Answer: There are three key technologies: optical cable mechanical design, determination of suspension points and selection and installation of supporting hardware.