OPGW Installation Quality Control Key Points
1. The erection of OPGW optical cable is similar to that of power lines. When erecting, the original transmission line must be powered off. Construction is prohibited in severe weather such as strong winds, thunderstorms, severe cold and heat. The bending radius of the optical cable should be more than 0.5m.
2. During the construction, it is necessary to prevent the optical cables from being entangled with each other to avoid damage to the outer twisted layer of the optical cables. The dynamic bending cannot be less than 40 times the cable diameter, that is, a bending radius of at least 600mm must be ensured during construction, and the OPGW optical cable cannot be twisted.
In places where traffic arteries, communication lines, power lines, etc. cross, special personnel shall be set up for supervision. The optical cable must be controlled at a safe height to avoid motor vehicles colliding or crushing the optical cable, endangering the safety of the optical cable or personnel.
3. The crossing distance requirements for OPGW optical cable erection to the ground are: in uninhabited areas, the OPGW should be more than 3m above the ground; on pedestrian roads and roads with little traffic, the OPGW should be more than 5m above the ground; on expressways and railways, the OPGW should be above 7.5m above the ground.
4. During the construction process, pay attention to the protection of the outer stranded wire. The outer layer of aluminum-clad steel wire or aluminum alloy wire is the carrier of overcurrent and lightning strikes. If it is injured, it will have long-term hidden dangers to the line. Check whether the pulley has burrs; do not throw or drop the optical cable; pay attention to protect it with a rubber sleeve when using the wire lifter. The OPGW optical cable reel is placed on the pay-off rack or cable reel car with a rotating shaft, and the distance between the cable reel and the center of the tension machine should be 5-8m.
5. Ensure that the construction of the single-reel optical cable is completed every day. If it must be placed overnight or for a long time, nylon ropes must be used to fix the OPGW optical cable to the pulley to prevent the optical cable from sliding and fatigue damage to the optical fiber at the contact point with the pulley. At the same time, the traction rope and optical cable should be temporarily anchored at the traction end and tension end respectively. The cable slack between the tension end anchor point and the tension machine should release the tension on the tension machine. Can not be too loose, the cable must not drag the floor. OPGW