1. AOC active optical cable VS DAC high-speed cable
1. Power consumption is different. The maximum power consumption of AOC active optical cable is lower than that of DAC high-speed cable.
2. The transmission distance is different. The transmission distance of AOC active optical cable is longer than that of DAC high-speed cable. The transmission distance of AOC active optical cable (OM3) is generally up to 100M, while the transmission distance of DAC high-speed cable is generally around 7M.
3. Different transmission media. AOC active optical cable uses optical fiber material (insulation), which belongs to optical fiber communication and is not affected by electromagnetic waves. The DAC high-speed cable is made of copper wire, which belongs to electrical communication and will be subject to electromagnetic interference.
4. The transmission signals are different. The AOC active optical cable transmits optical signals, while the DAC high-speed cable transmits low-voltage pulse signals.
5. The price is different. On the one hand, the price of optical fiber material is more expensive than that of copper cable. On the other hand, the modules at both ends of the active optical cable contain lasers, but the DAC high-speed cable does not. Therefore, the price of AOC active optical cable is higher than that of DAC. High-speed cables are much higher.
6. The volume and weight are different. At the same length, the weight of AOC active optical cable is about one-quarter of that of DAC high-speed cable, and the volume is about one-half of that of DAC high-speed cable, which is convenient for wiring and transportation.
7. The transmission performance is different. The bit error rate of AOC active optical cable is lower than that of DAC high-speed cable.
8. The devices used are different. DAC high-speed cables have no optical devices, while AOC active optical cables contain lasers.